segunda-feira, 23 de dezembro de 2019

Randy Crawford - Wild Is The Wind and In The Still of the Night, Neville Brothers



It is a song written by Dimitri Tiomkin and Ned Washington. There are several versions with performers for all musical tastes: David Bowie (really cool!), Nina Simone (sophisticated), Bon Jovi (I didn't like it), George Michael, Esperanza Spalding ...

David Bowie's version reminds me of little shows where people dance but his voice is fantastic. I didn't like the instrumental part... trust some instruments). f he had recorded with Neville Brothers it would have been wonderful!


I posted here In The Still of the Night with Neville Brothers because despite being another song, the instrumental is fantastic. I feel like dancing around the house whenever I hear.

Soraya




"With your kiss my life begins..." ♪  ♪  ♩ ♪ ♫ ♬ ♭ 


Nina Simone's voice is interesting but I like her a lot more at the piano. She has a background in classical piano, is playing in this video and is fabulous. I love it, she makes fabulous chords and her voice is so emotional. There are times when I focus only on the piano, so grand that it is ... I studied classical piano but I would never play like that. She is great! It would be great to have her as a neighbor to hear the rehearsals, but she's gone ...










2 comentários:

  1. Gostei muito dos quatro vídeos.
    Obrigado pela partilha.
    Soraya, continuação de boa semana e um Feliz Ano de 2020.
    Beijo.

    ResponderExcluir
  2. Olá Jaime, obrigada pela visita, por deixar as suas impressões e por ser um seguidor. Fiz o mesmo em seu blog. Feliz Ano Novo e muitas realizações em todos os aspectos!

    ResponderExcluir